ORLY Airport: your compensation for flight delay - Flightright UK

Trustpilot 4.1/5 based on 2,132 reviews

Paris-Orly - Ticket refund and compensation in case of flight delays and cancellations

Check your claim for compensation online now in just 2 minutes

cancelled flight delayed paris orly airport
Air passenger rights expert

Approved by Oskar de Felice

Air passenger rights expert

99% success rate in court
Since 2010 on the market
No financial risk

Recently cancelled or delayed flights to Paris-Orly

Here you’ll find delays and cancellations at Paris-Orly that may entitle you to financial compensation. Use our online calculator to check your entitlement and let Flightright take care of the rest.


Flight delays or cancellations at Orly

Orly Airport, 14 km south of Paris, is part of the Aéroports de Paris group. However, cancellations, delays and overbookings do occur. According to Flightright data, in 2023, Paris Orly airport recorded a total of 99,034 scheduled flights. Of these, 2,252 flights were cancelled, representing 2.27% of all scheduled flights. A further 330 flights were delayed, representing 0.33% of the total. There were 2,582 incidents, or 2.61% of all departing flights.

Fortunately, Flightright is here to help. We’ll check whether the European regulation applies to your situation, and claim compensation on your behalf. With our compensation calculator, you can check quickly and free of charge whether you are eligible.

Your rights in the event of a flight delay or cancellation at Orly

According to UK261 Regulation on air passenger rights, you can:

  • Claim compensation of between £220 and £520.
  • This compensation is independent of the ticket price
  • Make a claim up to six years retroactivity
  • This applies to delays of more than 3 hours, cancellations and overbooking.

What to do if your flight at Orly is delayed

  • Find out the reason for the delay from the airline.
  • Gather evidence: photos, delay certificate, receipts, supporting documents, etc.
  • Exchange information and contact details with other passengers
  • Insist on basic snacks and services at the airport

All the information you need about your rights as an air passenger and European regulations.

Check your claim in 2 minutes

Delay or cancellation at Orly: which cases are eligible for compensation?

According to the UK Regulation on air passenger rights, if your flight is delayed by more than 3 hours on arrival at your final destination, you are entitled to compensation. Please note that the amount of compensation depends on the distance of the flight, not the price of the ticket. It should also be noted that compensation can be claimed for any flight within six years retroactivity.

Passengers departing from a UK airport, or flying to the UK from a non-UK airport on an EU/EEA or UK air carrier, as well as passengers flying to the EU/EEA from a non-EU/EEA airport on a UK air carrier, are protected under UK261 Regulation.

We have compiled a short list of the compensation you can claim in the event of a delayed or cancelled flight at Orly.

Delay, cancellation, overbooking or missed connection? You may be entitled to:

Short distance up to 1500 kmMedium distance up to 3500 kmLong distance from 3500 km
e.g. London – Edinburghe.g. London – Athense.g. London – Tokyo

*As well as all intra-Community flights over 1,500 km.

Overview of airline statistics at Paris Orly in 2023

Paris Orly saw a wide variety of operations by various airlines. The most active airline was Transavia France, with a total of 29,122 flights, 411 cancellations and 50 delays. The second most active airline was Air France, with 14628 flights, 567 cancellations and 22 delays. Vueling followed with 12648 flights, 317 cancellations and 67 delays. EasyJet operated 10621 flights, with 468 cancellations and 37 delays. TAP Portugal operated 3,570 flights, with 60 cancellations and 7 delays. Overall, the operational data for Paris Orly in 2023 demonstrate the dynamic nature of airline operations.

Top 5 airlines at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport

AirlineTotal Flights
Transavia France29,12241150
Air France14,62856722
TAP Portugal3,570607

Basic services at Orly

If your flight has been cancelled or delayed by several hours, you may be entitled to certain services. These include

  • Short-haul flight (up to 1500 km) and more than 2 hours delay: drinks and snacks, two phone calls, two faxes or emails.
  • Medium-haul flight (between 1,500 km and 3,500 km) and more than 3 hours’ delay: drinks, snacks, two telephone calls, fax or e-mail.
  • Long-haul flight (over 3,500 km) and more than 4 hours’ delay: drinks and snacks, two telephone calls, two faxes or e-mails

5 hours or more delay

When your flight is delayed by more than 5 hours, you have the right to cancel your flight in two ways: ask Air France for a refund of your ticket, or request an alternative means of transport as soon as possible.

Flight rescheduled for the following day

If your flight is rescheduled for the following day, Air France may offer you an overnight stay in a hotel, including transportation to and from the airport. Please contact Air France directly for further information, and if the allowance has not been provided for, be sure to obtain written confirmation of their commitment to reimburse you.


Vouchers for snacks or hotels and discounts on your next reservation in no way affect your right to claim compensation.

Flightright, the commitment of a European expert

Our team of international experts can help you deal with cancellations, delays and overbookings. Committed and experienced, we take all the necessary steps to deal with the airline, and if it refuses to cooperate, we can also take your case all the way to court. Our success rate is 99%. No out-of-pocket expenses for you: we assume the entire financial risk. Only if your case is successful do we retain a commission of 27% + VAT.

  • Get between £220 and £520 per person
  • No investment, no loss of time
  • With an international network of experts at your service
Check your claim in 2 minutes

A few facts about Orly

Orly airport covers an area of over 1,500 hectares, 14 km south of Paris, near the town of Orly. You can get there by car (there are around 7 parking lots and “dépose minute” facilities) or cab, by RER, bus or shuttle. Comprising two terminals, the southern one is called “Terminal S” and the western one “Terminal W”.

Punctuality at Paris Orly Airport

In 2023, according to Flightright data, Paris Orly Airport recorded a total of 99,034 scheduled flights. Of these, 2,252 flights were cancelled, representing 2.27% of all scheduled flights. A further 330 flights were delayed, representing 0.33% of the total. There were 2,582 incidents, or 2.61% of departing flights.

Wifi at the airport

Orly Airport offers a free, unlimited connection, but if you’re looking for a faster, more efficient connection, the airport provides travelers with the Premium offer. This gives you a more efficient WiFi connection, with no interruptions or advertising. This offer comes in two formats: Wi-Fi Faster or Wi-Fi Stronger.

Extraordinary circumstances

Strikes and bad weather are the main reasons for flight delays or cancellations. Under European regulations, damaged passengers are unfortunately not entitled to compensation when the delay or cancellation is caused by one of these two circumstances. On the other hand, in the case of a strike inherent to the airline or, for example, a lack of de-icing fluid, it could be considered that the airline had taken adequate measures to avoid flight disruptions. Compensation may therefore be due.

For more information on Orly Airport, click here.

What rights do I have as a passenger if my flight is cancelled due to a strike at Paris (Orly) airport?

If your flight is due to depart from Paris (Orly) airport and there is a strike at the airport in question, first check whether your flight is affected by strike cancellations. In accordance with the European regulation on air passenger rights, you are entitled to alternative transport or reimbursement of the ticket price. You may also be entitled to compensation if there are no exceptional circumstances, such as an internal airline strike. Contact your airline for more information on alternative transport, rebooking or ticket reimbursement, as well as on the services offered on site, such as catering and, where applicable, accommodation and transport to the hotel.

Can I get flight compensation if my flight at Paris airport (Orly) is delayed or cancelled due to a strike?

A flight cancellation or long delay of more than three hours due to a strike is often considered an exceptional circumstance, provided that the strike is not attributable to the airline or airline personnel. Exceptional circumstances do not entitle passengers to compensation. However, passengers should check their entitlement to basic necessities and catering services at Paris airport (Orly). This includes meals, drinks and, if necessary, accommodation, depending on the length of the delay and the distance of the flight. It’s also important to know: if your flight is cancelled because airline staff are on strike, you are entitled to reimbursement of your ticket price, alternative transport, meals on site and additional compensation.

We will be happy to help you in case of flight problems with the airline for:

We have already been able to help with problems at the following airports, among others

We have already taken successful action against these and more airlines

Your flight did not go as planned?

In the event of flight delays, cancellations and overbooking, passengers may be entitled to compensation or ticket reimbursement. Flightright enforces your rights.

Scroll to Top