CityJet flight delays and cancellations
CityJet founded in 1993 is a leading ACMI/Wet lease specialist servicing major European airlines including SAS, Air France, KLM and Brussels Airlines. The Irish Airline, under its own name, operates commercial and charter flights from its main hub at the international airport in Dublin to cities across Europe.
Like most airlines, CityJet experiences its own fair share of delays and cancellations. Have you been inconvenienced by a delay or flight cancellation on a CityJet flight? Flightright can help you get a CityJet compensation for the inconvenience. To get started, use our free online compensation checker to determine if you are eligible for a CityJet claim compensation.
Your rights when delayed with CityJet
- According to EU law you may be entitled to as much as €600 compensation
- Ticket price is not a factor
- Flights as old as 6 years may be valid
- When the flight was postponed at least 3 hours, overbooked or cancelled
Tips and Tricks when delayed with CityJet
- Get the airline to confirm the reason for the delay
- Insist on your basic benefits and services at the airport.
- Gather proof: screenshots/photos, receipts, vouchers etc
- Exchange contact information with other disrupted travellers
A more thorough breakdown of your airline rights and the EU legislation.
Under what conditions is your flight delay with CityJet eligible for compensation?
The EU regulation EU 261/2004 is what defines what can be deemed a flight delay or cancellation and adequate sanctions are included in the document. According to the EU 261/2004 regulation, all CityJet flight delays extending beyond 3 hours after ETA is said to be late and for flight cancellations, CityJet flight cancellations without prior notice of 14 days and above are unacceptable with the passengers entitled to a CityJet cancelled flight compensation.
If you believe that you are entitled to a CityJet claim compensation, make use of our free online compensation calculator to determine to what extent of compensation you are owed. It is important to note that flight delays or cancellations caused by extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes, bad weather do not count for compensation.
CityJet passengers are entitled to a CityJet compensation in the event of any of the following:
- Flight delay: If your CityJet flight arrived at your destination more than 3 hours after ETA.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you had suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Don’t take any excuses!
- Meal vouchers or accommodation (in the case of an overnight delay) does not suffice for compensation.
- All flight packages are covered by this regulation and only the person on the passenger manifest and who have suffered the delay, irrespective of who paid for the ticket, will receive compensation for the disturbance.
- Your claims are valid up to 6 years retrospectively.
- Only extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
Find below an outline of CityJet flight delay compensation you are entitled to, based on the distance of your intended flight:
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km – Passengers are due €250 compensation from CityJet .
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km – Passengers are due €400 CityJet compensation.
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km – Passengers are due €600 CityJet compensation
How to claim compensation from CityJet
If you are entitled to a CityJet cancelled flight compensation or a CityJet claim compensation, the wise decision is to choose Flightright as your compensation claims partner. While it is possible to do it yourself, it is always better to allow Flightright to assert your rights to a CityJet compensation.
We have the technical expertise, insider knowledge, and skills required to affect your claims swiftly. At Flightright we have been helping claimants make claims successfully for the past 8 years and in this time, we have helped over 5.2 million customers make their claims successfully.
Get started! Use our free online compensation calculator to confirm that you are eligible for a CityJet compensation.
CityJet Additional services at the airport
For extended CityJet flight delay or CityJet flight cancellation, you are automatically entitled to certain benefits. Although these rights and benefits may vary depending on the distance of your flight, it is important to note what these benefits are. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance: from 2 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance: from 3 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul: from 4 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
Should a delay of more than 5 hours occur, regardless of the distance, you can withdraw from your flight at no cost to you. CityJet is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you an alternative transportation to your destination.Departure delayed until the next day
When delayed till the next day, you’re eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Always ask that confirmation of your hotel room and transfers be provided in writing.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation. Enter your flight now here:
- up to €600 compensation per person
- over 5,200,000 happy customers
- 99% success rate in court
Useful advice & information about CityJet
Founded in 1993, this Irish airline made its first big break when it partnered with Air France in 1996, but this relationship was not to last long. The airline returned to a consortium of investors led by its original Pat Byrne. Since that time, CityJet has evolved to become one of the leading wet lease service providers in the aviation industry today.
CityJet also performs cruises for other brands: SAS, Air France, KLM and Brussels Airlines, flying to major European cities including Dublin, London, Amsterdam, Manchester, Newcastle, and Florence.
On the punctuality scale, CityJet has not done badly. The airline has continued to maintain a fair position in spite of overwhelming challenges in the industry.
Poor Compensation Response
The customer service team at CityJet are responsive and have performed above average in dealing with claims associated with flight delays. Flightright have had a wonderful experience dealing with them when effecting CityJet compensation claims for our clients.
Aer Lingus American Airlines British Airways CityJet Eastern Airways easyJet Eurowings flybe Jet2 Loganair Lufthansa Monarch Airlines Ryanair SAS Stobart Thomas Cook Airlines Thomson Airways Virgin Atlantic Wizzair
Connect with us through Social Media
Stay loyal with Flightright