Jet2 flight delays and cancellations
Update: Jet2 is cancelling a lot of flights due to lower demand. For flight cancellations due to economic reasons, we see good chances to have a claim for compensation, especially if you were informed by Jet2 not more than 14 days before your flight.
Jet2 makes the list as one of Europe’s most punctual airlines, but even this doesn’t shield it from the occasional delays and cancellations. When Jet2 flight delays or cancellation occurs, you can be sure that Flightright can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Passengers on a Jet2 flight are entitled to compensation up to €600 for delayed flights or flights cancelled without adequate notice according to the EC Regulation 261/2004. To know how much you can claim, use our free flight compensation checker.
In cases of flight disruption with Jet2 we’ll endeavour to uphold your rights. You can easily check your eligibility with our free online calculator. If your claim is valid then you can process it with us online.
Your rights when delayed with Jet2
- Claim as much as €600 compensation according to EU law
- Regardless of the ticket price
- When the flight suffered a delay of at least 3 hours, was cancelled or overbooked
- Claim on flights up to 6 years old
Tips and Tricks when delayed with Jet2
- Contact the airline to confirm the cause of the delay
- Insist on your basic services and benefits at the airport
- Collect proof: photos, vouchers, receipts of expenses etc
- Exchange contact details with your fellow passengers
Recent flight delays and cancellations with Jet2
Cases of flight disruptions are quite rare on Jet2 flights. The reason could be its far fewer flight schedule or simply better management. Whatever the reasons, Jet2 has been able to prove itself punctual and faithful against other airlines in its category.
Under what conditions is your flight delay with Jet2 eligible for compensation?
Jet2 passengers are entitled to compensation if the conditions spelled out the EU regulation EU261 2004 is met. The EU regulation EU261 2004 is specific about what constitutes a flight delay. According to the regulation, all flight delays extending beyond 3 hours after ETA is deemed late and cancellations without prior notice of 14 days and above are also in contravention of the passenger’s rights.
Jet2 flight delays and cancellations all constitute conditions that might become eligible for compensation. However, extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline from this responsibility.
Jet2 passengers are entitled to a Jet2 compensation in the event of any of the following:
- Flight delay: If your Jet2 flight arrived at your destination more than 3 hours after ETA.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you have suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Don’t take any excuses!
- Meal vouchers or accommodation (in the case of an overnight delay) does not suffice for compensation.
- All flight packages are covered by this regulation and only the person on the passenger manifest and who have suffered the delay, irrespective of who paid for the ticket, will receive compensation for the disturbance.
- Your claims are valid up to 6 years retrospectively.
- Only extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
Find below an outline of Jet2 delay compensation you are entitled to, based on the distance of your intended flight:
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km – Passengers are due €250 Jet2 compensation.
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km – Passengers are due €400 Jet2 compensation.
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km – Passengers are due €600 Jet2 compensation.
How to claim compensation from Jet2
While you have the option of going through the task of demanding a Jet2 compensation for the inconvenience caused you by a Jet2 flight cancellation or Jet2 flight delays, we can help you assert your rights better and faster. We have done this successfully for over 7.8 million passengers and yours would be no exception. Flightright remains the best partner when you need to claim a Jet2 compensation.
Use our free online compensation calculator to confirm that you are eligible for a Jet2 compensation. Flightright would take your case and ensure that you get the compensation that is due to you, we have been helping clients assert their rights for over 8 years.
Additional services at the airport
For extended Jet2 flight delay or Jet2 flight cancellation, you are automatically entitled to certain benefits. Although these rights and benefits may vary depending on the distance of your flight, it is important to note what these benefits are. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance: from 2 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance: from 3 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul: from 4 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
In case of a delay of more than 5 hours, regardless of the distance, you can withdraw from your flight at no cost to you. Jet2 is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.Departure delayed until the next day
When delayed till the next day, you’re eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Always ask that confirmation of your hotel room and transfers be provided in writing.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation. Enter your flight here:
Useful advice & information about Jet2
Jet2 has transported over fifty million customers since its inception in 1983 and currently has a fleet size of 71 aircraft. The low-cost airline links 58 airports and is actively continuing to expand.
Jet2 continually ranks as one of the most punctual airlines in Europe. The airline recorded multiple cancellations and delays in 2018. The figure can be improved upon as the airline has increasingly recorded flight delays in the last year under review.
Poor Compensation Response
Jet2’s lack of adequate communication and compensation resolution turnaround is one of the sour points for the airline. Jet2 have had issues with paying out compensation to customers that have been affected by Jet2 flight delays.
Information about online check-in
You have between 5 hours and 28 days to complete your online check-in with Jet2. They also have an app to make things even easier, which will allow you to check-in and also keep up to date with departure information. Check-in at the airport is not advisable if you want to avoid queues.
Aer Lingus American Airlines British Airways CityJet Eastern Airways easyJet Eurowings flybe Jet2 Loganair Lufthansa Monarch Airlines Ryanair SAS Stobart Thomas Cook Airlines Thomson Airways Virgin Atlantic Wizzair
Connect with us through Social Media
Stay loyal with Flightright