Glasgow Airport flight delays and cancellations
Glasgow is Scotland’s second busiest airport, based on passenger traffic. It flies to 124 destinations worldwide, using a mixture of direct and connecting flights. In 2016 passengers flying from Glasgow suffered an unacceptable amount of outright flight cancellations. The airport also suffered from its fair share of delays.
We help you to enforce your rights when subjected to flight disruption at Glasgow airport, by taking up the case with the responsible airline. With our simple online calculator you can discover for free if you’re eligible for compensation and directly submit your claim online.
Your rights when delayed at Glasgow Airport
- According to EU law up to €600 compensation
- Regardless of the ticket price
- Claim upon flights up to 6 years old
- When the flight was delayed at least 3 hours, cancelled or overbooked
Tips and Tricks when delayed at Glasgow Airport
- Ask the airline what caused the delay
- Insist on your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Collect proof: photos, expense details, vouchers etc
- Exchange contact information with other affected travellers
A detailed breakdown of your passenger rights and the EU Regulation
When do flight delays qualify for compensation?
The sum of the compensation is dependant on the distance of your flight - not on the amount you paid for your ticket. Essentially your flight has to land at its destination with a delay of at least 3 hours and qualify under the current EU law. Claims remain valid up to 6 years retrospectively. Below is an overview of the circumstances of eligibility and the amount of compensation you can claim for:
Additional services at Glasgow Airport
If the departure is heavily delayed, you immediately have the right to some amenities. Qualification for these depends on both the distance of the flight and the amount of hours the flight has been delayed. Here, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance, below 1500 km: 2 or more hours waiting time - complimentary drinks, food and 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: 3 or more hours waiting time - complimentary drinks, food and 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: 4 or more hours waiting time - complimentary drinks, food and 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
You may withdraw from your flight if the delay goes beyond a 5th hour. The airline has an obligation either to reimburse you or offer alternative transportation.Departure delayed until the following day
You’re eligible for a stay in a hotel including transport from, and back to, the airport. Contact the airline directly and ask for a written commitment for your hotel room and transfer.
Thanks to our industry knowledge and expertise, we enforce compensation with a very high success rate. That’s what enables us to guarantee a completely free service if your case is unsuccessful!