Manchester Airport flight delays and cancellations
Manchester Airport is the 3rd busiest airport in the UK and flies to an impressive 226 different airports worldwide, albeit some of which are seasonal only. If you fly from this airport there is a chance that you could suffer delays or cancellations, with Manchester being an airport that was affected just under the average amount in the UK in 2016.
If you’ve been subjected to disruption at Manchester airport, we will help you to uphold your rights against the airline that you flew with. Use our free online calculator to instantly check, free of charge, if you’re eligible for compensation.
Your rights when delayed at Manchester Airport
- Under EU legislation up to €600 compensation
- When the flight was delayed at least 3 hours, cancelled or overbooked
- Regardless of the ticket price
- Claim on flights up to 6 years old
Tips and Tricks when delayed at Manchester Airport
- Get the airline to confirm the cause of delay
- Insist on your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Exchange contact information with other travellers
- Gather proof: photos, receipts of expenses, vouchers etc
Here is a more thorough breakdown of your passenger rights and the EU Regulation
Under what conditions does your delayed flight qualify for compensation?
The amount of compensation you’ll be eligible for is dictated by the distance of the flight - not on the amount you paid for your ticket. Fundamentally your flight must land at its destination with a delay 3 hours or more and be applicable under current EU Regulation. Your claims are valid up to 6 years retrospectively. Here is an overview of which compensation you’ll be entitled to, according to the circumstances of your delay:
Additional services at Manchester Airport
In cases of heavy delay you’ll be entitled to some services. Eligibility hinges on the length of your flight and the length of the delay experienced. Here is an overview of the circumstances under which you qualify:
- Short distance, below 1500 km: from 2 hours delay - free drinks, food and 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: from 3 hours delay, free drinks, food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: from 4 hours delay, free drinks, food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
If delayed more than five hours, you can - regardless of the distance - withdraw from your flight. The airline must either reimburse you for the costs or offer an alternative method of transport.Departure not until the following day
The airline is responsible for finding you a hotel room, and transport to and from the hotel and airport, as well as covering the costs for both. Contact the airline directly and ask them to commit in writing to your hotel room and transfer.
Our Flightright Guarantee
Thanks to our expertise, we enforce compensation with a very high success rate. That’s why we are able to guarantee a completely free service in unsuccessful cases!