Thomson Airways flight delays and cancellations
Thomson Airways (now TUI) is the world's largest charter airline, flying to 96 destinations globally. Thomson fares well in terms of punctuality, with the chance of outright cancellation lower than most of its competitors. It is still, however, like all airlines, subjected to some long delays.
We will strive to enforce your rights and make things fair between you and Thomson Airways. With our fast and effective online calculator you can check if you’re entitled to compensation free of charge and submit your claim online.
Your rights when delayed with Thomson Airways
- EU law states that you can claim up to €600
- When the flight was delayed at least 3 hours, cancelled or overbooked
- Compensation is not determined by the price of the ticket
- Flights up to 6 years old
Tips and Tricks when delayed with Thomson Airways
- Establish the cause of the delay with the airline
- Collect data: vouchers, receipts of expenses, photos etc
- Make sure you receive your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Exchange contact information with fellow passengers
More in depth information regarding the the eu-regulation and your passenger rights.
In which cases are flight delays eligible for compensation?
The total amount of compensation you can claim for depends on the distance of the delayed flight - the amount you paid for your ticket is not a factor. Fundamentally, if your flight arrived 3 hours later than scheduled, and the criteria of the EU Regulation have been met, you'll be eligible. Claims are valid retrospectively for 6 years. Here is some more information on which compensation you’ll be entitled to:
Thomson Airways: Additional services at the airport
In the case of extended delay, you become entitled to some benefits and services. These become available depending on the distance of your flight and the length of your delay. Below is an overview of what becomes available:
- Short distance, below 1500 km: over 2 hours waiting time, free food, drinks and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: over 3 hours waiting time, free food, drinks and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: over 4 hours waiting time, free food, drinks and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
A delay of over 5 hours means you have the right to cancel your flight. The airline is obliged to either reimburse you or offer an alternative mode of transportation.Departure pushed back until the following day
When your flight is delayed until the following day you become eligible for a stay in a hotel including transport back and forth from the airport and the hotel. Get in contact with the airline directly and request written commitment for your hotel room and transfers.
The Flightright Promise
Thanks to our expertise, we are able to enforce compensation with very high success rates. That’s why we are able to promise a totally free service if your case is unsuccessful!