Thomson Airways flight delays and cancellations
Thomson Airways (now TUI) is the world's largest charter airline, flying to 96 destinations globally. Thomson fares well in terms of punctuality, with the chance of outright cancellation lower than most of its competitors. It is still, however, like all airlines, subjected to some long delays.
According to EU Regulation 261/2004, passengers have the right to cliam compensation from Tui (formerly Thomson Airways) for denied boarding due to overbooked flights and for flight delayed for 3 hours or cancelled without any prior notice. All passengers are entitled to up to 600 Euros in compensation for the inconvinence.
We will strive to enforce your rights and make things fair between you and Thomson Airways. With our fast and effective online calculator you can check if you’re entitled to compensation free of charge and submit your claim online.
Your rights when delayed with Thomson Airways
- EU law states that you can claim up to €600
- When the flight was delayed at least 3 hours, cancelled or overbooked
- Compensation is not determined by the price of the ticket
- Flights up to 6 years old
Tips and Tricks when delayed with Thomson Airways
- Establish the cause of the delay with the airline
- Collect data: vouchers, receipts of expenses, photos etc
- Make sure you receive your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Exchange contact information with fellow passengers
More in depth information regarding the the eu-regulation and your passenger rights.
Recent flight delays and cancellations with Thomson Airways
Much unlike a number of airlines, Thomson Airways have fared better in terms of the number of flights delayed or cancelled.
In which cases are flight delays eligible for compensation?
The EU regulation EU261/2004 stipulates that flight delays of more than 3 hours after ETA is entitled to compensation. Flight cancellations without adequate notices of up to 14 days or no notice at all are also entitled to compensation. Regardless of the prevailing circumstances surrounding the TUI flight delay or cancellation, it will be wise to check if you are entitled to compensation. It is free to do so, just follow this link online calculator. To be eligible for TUI compensation claims, your TUI Airways flight must either take off or land in the European Union.
A Thomson Airways passenger is entitled to compensation in the event of any of the following:
- Flight delay: If your flight arrives at your destination for more than 3 hours after ETA.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you had suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
- Meal vouchers or accommodation (in the case of an overnight delay) does not suffix for compensation.
- All flight packages are covered by this regulation and only the person on the passenger manifest and who have suffered the delay, irrespective of who paid for the ticket, will receive compensation for the disturbance.
- Your claims are valid up to 6 years retrospectively.
- Only extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the TUI airline of this responsibility.
Find below an overview of TUI delay compensation you are entitled to, based on the circumstances of your delay:
- Short distance flight delays - Below 1500km - Passengers are due €250 compensation from TUI Airways
- Medium distance flight delays - Between 1500km and 3500km - Passengers are due €400 compensation from TUI Airways
- Long distance flight delays - Over 3500km - Passengers are due €600 compensation from TUI Airways
How to claim compensation from TUI Airways
If you ever feel that you are entitled to a TUI flight delay compensation, the first thing to do is use our free online compensation calculator to confirm that you are actually eligible for TUI compensation claims. The process is quite simple when you use Flightright.
When you use Flightright you can determine in simple steps your eligibility for a TUI Airways flight delay compensation. Simply enter your flight details into our free online compensation calculator, establish that you’re entitled to a claim against TUI Airways and then leave the rest to us. Our service is free and easy. We have for over 8 years continued to help airline passengers assert their rights and get compensation. Do not hesitate, join the more than 5.2 million satisfied customers that have used our service today.
Thomson Airways: Additional services at the airport
In the case of extended delay, you become entitled to some benefits and services. These become available depending on the distance of your flight and the length of your delay. Below is an overview of what becomes available:
- Short distance, below 1500 km: over 2 hours waiting time, free food, drinks and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: over 3 hours waiting time, free food, drinks and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: over 4 hours waiting time, free food, drinks and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
A delay of over 5 hours means you have the right to cancel your flight. The airline is obliged to either reimburse you or offer an alternative mode of transportation.Departure pushed back until the following day
When your flight is delayed until the following day you become eligible for a stay in a hotel including transport back and forth from the airport and the hotel. Get in contact with the airline directly and request written commitment for your hotel room and transfers.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation: