London Stansted flight delays and cancellations
London Stansted is the airport that flies to the most destinations in Europe in the UK. Worldwide it flies to over 175 airports. This is an airport that operates with a relatively low number of delays and cancellations - this could be as result of it often flying to a lot of smaller, and therefore less busy, airports. Nevertheless disruptions do occur at Stansted.
If you’ve flown from Stansted and suffered a delay or cancellation, we will help enforce your rights with whichever airline was responsible. Our free online calculator is simple to use and will tell you if you’re eligible for compensation.
Your rights when delayed at London Stansted
- EU regulation - up to €600 compensation
- Ticket price irrelevant
- Flights as far back as 6 years old
- When the flight arrived at least 3 hours late, was cancelled or overbooked
Tips and Tricks when delayed at London Stansted
- Establish the reason for the delay with the airline
- Gather proof: screenshots/photos of vouchers, receipts of expenses etc
- Take advantage of your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Exchange contact details with fellow delayed passengers
A more detailed breakdown regarding your passenger rights and the EU Regulation.
In which case is your flight delay eligible for compensation?
The total compensation hinges on the flight distance - not on the amount you paid for your ticket. Fundamentally your flight has to arrive at the destination with a delay of at least 3 hours and fall under the current EU Regulation. Claims are valid as far back as 6 years retrospectively. Here is some information about which compensation you’ll be entitled to:
Additional benefits at London Stansted
Badly delayed departure? You have the right to some services at the airport. Qualifying for these depends on the distance of your flight and how long you’ve been waiting. Here, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance, under 1500 km: 2 hours waiting time - complimentary vouchers for food and drinks, as well as 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: from 3 hours waiting time - complimentary vouchers for food and drinks, as well as 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: from 4 hours delay, free drinks, food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
If the delay exceeds 5 hours you are within your rights to withdraw from your flight. The airline is obliged to reimburse you the costs or offer alternative transportation.Departure postponed until the following day
The airline must organise a hotel for you, as well as transport between the hotel and airport if the flight is delayed until the following day. Get in touch with the airline directly and ask them to confirm this in writing.
Thanks to our expertise, we enforce compensation with very high success rates. That’s why we are comfortable promising a totally free service if your case is unsuccessful!
Doing it yourself
cost risk: €0
very time-consuming (paper-warfare with the airline)
small chances of success
often no experience (complex field of law)
high stress factor (paperwork, phone calls)
cost risk: €0
takes little time (2 minutes)
high chances of success
experienced travel legal experts (enforced more than € 150,000,000)
absolutely stress-free (We enforce the compensation for you.)
cost risk: several hundred euros
very time-consuming (several hours)
chances of success unclear
experience unknown (depends on specialty)
high stress factor (meetings, paperwork, phone calls)