Ryanair flight delay and cancellation
Ryanair is the third largest operator for outbound flights from the UK in Europe and carried the largest amount of passengers across the continent in 2016. The low-cost airline connects over 200 airports and due to the fact that it tends to use smaller and, therefore, less busy airports, it is one of the airlines least likely to suffer disruption. Nevertheless delays and cancellations do happen.
We will uphold your rights and fight for your compensation with Ryanair. Use our easy, quick and free online calculator to check whether you are eligible for compensation if you have experienced disruptions with this airline.
Your rights when delayed with Ryanair
- According to EU law you can claim up to €600 compensation
- Ticket price irrelevant
- Flights as old as 6 years
- When the flight was delayed 3 hours or more, overbooked or cancelled
Tips and Tricks when delayed with Ryanair
- Establish the reason for the delay with the airline
- Exchange contact information with other passengers
- Collect evidence: photos, proof of expenses, vouchers etc
- Insist on receiving basic benefits and services at the airport
For further information about your passenger rights and the EU regulation.
In which case is your flight delay eligible for compensation?
The total compensation depends on the distance of your flight - not the amount you paid for your ticket. Essentially your flight has to arrive at its destination with a delay of more than 3 hours and apply under current EU regulation. You can claim on flights as far back as 6 years. Below is an overview of which compensation you’ll be entitled to, based on your delay circumstances:
Ryanair: Additional services at the airport
If your departure is badly delayed, you are entitled to basic benefits and services. These rights differ depending on the distance of your flight and the length of the flight delay. Below, you’ll find some insight into what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance, below 1500 km: from 2 hours waiting time - free food and drinks, and 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: from 3 hours waiting time - free food and drinks, and 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: from 4 hours waiting time - free food and drinks, and 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
If delayed more than 5 hours you can, whatever the distance, withdraw from your flight. The airline is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.Departure not until the next day
If you’re unlucky enough to have your departure delayed until the following day, you are at least eligible for a stay in a hotel, as well as transport to and from the airport. Get in contact with the airline and ask them to confirm your hotel room and transfers in writing.
Thanks to our expertise, we enforce compensation with a very high success rate. That’s why we are able to promise a completely free service if your case is unsuccessful!
Doing it yourself
cost risk: €0
very time-consuming (paper-warfare with the airline)
small chances of success
often no experience (complex field of law)
high stress factor (paperwork, phone calls)
cost risk: €0
takes little time (2 minutes)
high chances of success
experienced travel legal experts (enforced more than € 150,000,000)
absolutely stress-free (We enforce the compensation for you.)
cost risk: several hundred euros
very time-consuming (several hours)
chances of success unclear
experience unknown (depends on specialty)
high stress factor (meetings, paperwork, phone calls)