Eastern Airways flight delays and cancellations
Founded in 1997, Eastern Airways is a low budget British airline operating out of the Humberside Airport near the village of Kirmington, North Lincolnshire, England. The airline operates international flights, domestic flights and charter services across the UK.
Eastern Airways features on the top ten list of airlines with the most delays and cancellations for 2018. Have you had to suffer the inconvenience of a delayed or cancelled flight on any Eastern Airways flight? Flightright can help you get compensation for the inconvenience. To get started, use our free online compensation calculator to determine if you are eligible for an Eastern Airways compensation.
What are my rights when Eastern Airways flight is delayed?
- According to EU261, passengers on Eastern Airways flight are entitled to a compensation of €250 to €600, regardless of the ticket price.
- Meals and refreshments.
- Free transport, accommodation (in the case of an overnight stay), access to phone and email.
What should I do when Eastern Airways flight is delayed?
- Confirm the reason for the delay with the airline.
- Collect proof: photos, receipts of expenses, vouchers, etc.
- Insist on your basic benefits and services at the airport.
- Check your eligibility for compensation with our free online calculator
Recent flight delays and cancellations with Eastern Airways
In recent times, there have been increased cases of flight delays and disruptions on Eastern Airways flights. Eastern Airways recorded 72,570 hours of delay in 2018.
Under what conditions is your flight delay with Eastern Airways eligible for compensation?
The conditions for an Eastern Airways delayed flight compensation is spelled out in the EU regulation EU261 2004. According to the EU261 2004 regulation, all Eastern Airways flight delays extending beyond 3 hours after ETA is said to be late and while for flight cancellations, Eastern Airways flight cancellations without prior notice of 14 days and above are also liable for compensation.
To become eligible for an Eastern Airways delayed flight compensation, your flight delay has to satisfy the above condition. In some cases, however, the conditions would not apply and that is if the flight delay or cancellation had been the result of extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes, bad weather, etc.
Eastern Airways passengers are entitled to an Eastern Airways compensation in the event of any of the following:
- Flight delay: If your Eastern Airways flight arrived at your destination more than 3 hours after ETA.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you had suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Don’t take any excuses!
- Meal vouchers or accommodation (in the case of an overnight delay) does not suffice for compensation.
- All flight packages are covered by this regulation and only the person on the passenger manifest and who have suffered the delay, irrespective of who paid for the ticket, will receive compensation for the disturbance.
- Your claims are valid up to 6 years retrospectively.
- Only extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
Below is an outline of the Eastern Airways delayed flight compensation you are entitled to, based on the distance of your intended flight:
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km – Passengers are due €250 compensation from Eastern Airways.
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km – Passengers are due €400 Eastern Airways compensation.
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km – Passengers are due €600 Eastern Airways compensation
How to claim compensation from Eastern Airways
To make a claim for an Eastern Airways delayed flight compensation, you’d require expert insider knowledge to be able to prove your claim. While most individuals are unlikely to possess this, the team at Flightright have been helping claimants make claims successfully for the past 8 years. Because we know better and can help you present your case better, we are able make Eastern Airways compensate you and in due time too.
Use our free online compensation calculator to confirm that you are eligible for an Eastern Airways compensation, then we would take up qyour case and ensure that you get the compensation that is due to you. We have assisted over 7.8 million clients to assert their rights.
Eastern Airways Additional services at the airport
For extended Eastern Airways flight delay or Eastern Airways flight cancellation, you are automatically entitled to certain benefits. Although these rights and benefits may vary depending on the distance of your flight, it is important to note what these benefits are. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance: from 2 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance: from 3 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul: from 4 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
In the case of a delay of more than 5 hours, regardless of the distance, you can withdraw from your flight at no cost to you. Eastern Airways is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.Departure delayed until the next day
When delayed till the next day, you’re eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Always ask that confirmation of your hotel room and transfers be provided in writing.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation. Enter your flight here:
- up to €600 compensation per person
- over 7,800,000 happy customers
- 99% success rate in court
Useful advice & information about Eastern Airways
This low-cost British airline was founded in 1997 and it covers destinations across the United Kingdom and Europe. The airline has recently entered into a partnership with Flybe Airways and has launched its Newcastle – London route to meet the growing demand.
Eastern Airways, unfortunately, takes its position at the bottom of the most punctual airlines in Europe. The airline recorded 531 cancellations and 125 delays in 2018. While this leaves a lot to be desired, they seem to be repositioning for better efficiency.
Poor Compensation Response
Their customer service is quite responsive and has performed above average in dealing with claims associated with flight delays. Flightright have had a wonderful experience dealing with them when effecting Eastern Airways compensation claims for our clients.
Aer Lingus American Airlines British Airways CityJet Eastern Airways easyJet Eurowings flybe Jet2 Loganair Lufthansa Monarch Airlines Ryanair SAS Stobart Thomas Cook Airlines Thomson Airways Virgin Atlantic Wizzair
Connect with us through Social Media
Stay loyal with Flightright