Birmingham Airport flight delays and cancellations
Birmingham Airport is the UK’s 7th largest airport and it currently flies to 26 different destinations worldwide. In terms of punctuality it perfoms at about the average rate of UK airports. Nevertheless delays and cancellations do occur when flying out from this airport.
Whichever airline you flew out with from Birmingham Airport, we are here to help ensure that your rights are enforced. Check with our free online calculator if you’re eligible for compensation.
Your rights when delayed at Birmingham Airport
- According to EU law - up to €600 compensation
- Flights dating as far back as 6 years are claimable
- Ticket price is not a factor
- If the flight was delayed at least 3 hours, overbooked or cancelled
Tips and Tricks when delayed at Birmingham Airport
- Confirm the cause of the delay with the airline
- Gather data: screenshots/photos, vouchers, expenses etc
- Make sure to get your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Exchange contact information with other affected passengers
Here is some further information on your passenger rights and the EU Regulation
In which case is your flight delay eligible for compensation?
The amount of compensation is calculated based on the flight distance - not on the amount you originally paid for your ticket. Fundamentally, if the flight arrives at its destination with a delay of at least 3 hours and falls under the current EU Regulation, you’ll have a claim. Compensation is still claimable on flights up to 6 years retrospectively. Here is some information about which level of compensation you’ll be entitled to:
Additional services at Birmingham Airport
If the departure suffers a bad delay, you gain the right to some services and benefits. These become available depending on how long the flight has been delayed and the distance of the flight. Here is a breakdown of what you’ll become eligible for:
- Short distance, below 1500 km: from 2 hours waiting time, complimentary drinks, food and 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: from 3 hours waiting time, complimentary drinks, food and 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: from 4 hours waiting time, complimentary drinks, food and 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
If delayed over 5 hours, you’re entitled to cancel your flight. The airline is obliged to either refund your booking or offer an alternative means of transportation .Departure pushed back till the next day
You’re eligible for a night in a hotel and the airline must also cover the expense of getting you to and from the hotel and airport. Contact the airline directly and request a written confirmation of this.
The Flightright Guarantee
Thanks to our experience in this sector, we enforce compensation with very high success rates. This is why we are able to guarantee a completely free service in unsuccessful cases!