London Luton flight delays and cancellations
In 2016 Luton was London’s 4th busiest airport and the 5th busiest airport in the UK, reaching 54 different destinations across Europe and Egypt. Luton was quite a punctual airport in 2016. Nevertheless, delays and cancellations do occur.
We will endeavour to uphold your rights against whichever airline you have suffered disruption with when flying out of Luton airport. With our simple online calculator you have the ability check for free if you’re eligible for compensation and directly submit your claim online.
Your rights when delayed at Luton Airport
- Up to €600 compensation according to EU legislation
- Regardless of the ticket price
- Claim on flights up to 6 years old
- When the flight was cancelled, overbooked or delayed 3 or more hours
Tips and Tricks when delayed at Luton Airport
- Verify the reasons for the delay with the airline
- Insist on getting your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Exchange contact details with other disrupted travellers
- Gather proof: photos, receipts of expenses, vouchers etc
More in-depth information regarding the EU Regulation and your passenger rights.
In which cases are flight delays eligible for compensation?
The total compensation hinges on the flight distance - the amount you paid for your ticket is not a factor. First and foremost your flight has to arrive at its destination with a delay of at least 3 hours. It must also fall under the current EU Regulation. Compensation claims are retrospectively valid up to 6 years. Below is a table explaining which compensation you’ll be entitled to:
Additional services available when delayed at Edinburgh Airport
In cases of heavy delay, you’ll be eligible for some services and benefits at the airport. These are dictated by the length of the delay and the length of the flight. Below is an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance, less than 1500 km: over 2 hours delay - free drinks, food and 2 emails, telephone calls or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: over 3 hours delay - free drinks, food and 2 emails, telephone calls or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: over 4 hours delay, free drinks, food and 2 emails, telephone calls or faxes
If the delay extends over 5 hours, you are entitled to cancel your flight. The airline must then reimburse you the costs or organise alternative transportation.When departure is delayed until the next day
You’re entitled to a stay in a hotel including transfer to the hotel and back to the airport. Contact the airline directly to request confirmation of your hotel and transportation in writing.
The Flightright Promise
Thanks to our expertise, we are able to enforce compensation with a very high success rate. That’s why we’re confident promising a completely free service if your case is unsuccessful!
Doing it yourself
annoying and unpromising
cost risk: €0
very time-consuming (paper-warfare with the airline)
small chances of success
often no experience (complex field of law)
high stress factor (paperwork, phone calls)
simple and straightfoward
cost risk: €0
takes little time (2 minutes)
high chances of success
experienced travel legal experts (enforced more than € 100,000,000)
absolutely stress-free (We enforce the compensation for you.)
expensive and complex/effortful
cost risk: several hundred euros
very time-consuming (several hours)
chances of success unclear
experience unknown (depends on specialty)
high stress factor (meetings, paperwork, phone calls)