Stobart air flight delays and cancellations
While Stobart is largely known as the largest haulage company in the UK, Stobart Air seems to be the less popular division of the business. The airline operates wet leases and franchisee aircraft for big names such as Flybe and AER Lingus. Even as the Stobart group has brought its trademark punctuality to the aviation industry, that has not eliminated cases of delays and cancellations.
Flightright can help you assert your right to a Stobart air compensation whenever you are inconvenienced by a Stobart flight delay or flight cancellation. To get started, click here for our online compensation checker to check if you are eligible for a Stobart Air delay compensation.
Your rights when delayed with Stobart
- According to EU law you may be entitled to as much as €600 compensation
- Ticket price not a factor
- Flights as old as 6 years may be valid
- When the flight was postponed at least 3 hours, overbooked or cancelled
Tips and Tricks when delayed with Stobart
- Get the airline to confirm the reason for the delay
- Insist on your basic amenities and services at the airport
- Gather proof: screenshots/photos, receipts, vouchers etc
- Exchange contact information with other disrupted travellers
Recent flight delays and cancellations with Stobart Air
The team at Stobart Air have shown impressive professionalism at keeping the flight delay and cancellation statistics of Stobart Air low. In comparison with other airlines, Stobart Air have obviously fared well. Click below to see Stobart Air’s standing against other airlines.
A more thorough breakdown of your airline rights and the EU legislation.
Under what conditions is your flight delay with Stobart air eligible for compensation?
The EU261 2004 regulation specifies conditions for which a Stobart air passenger becomes entitled to a Stobart air delay compensation. The conditions as outlined in the regulation include:
- That a STOBART AIR flight arrives at its final destination, more than 3 hours after the ETA.
- In the case of flight cancellations, cancellations without prior notice of 14 days and above.
The EU 261/2004 regulation specifies sanction for these infringements. However, these sanctions would not apply if the delay or cancellation is as a result of extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather.
Stobart air passengers are entitled to a Stobart air delay compensation in the event of any of the following:
- Flight delay: If your Stobart air flight arrived at your destination more than 3 hours after ETA.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you had suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Don’t take any excuses!
- Meal vouchers or accommodation (in the case of an overnight delay) does not suffice for compensation.
- All flight packages are covered by this regulation and only the person on the passenger manifest and who have suffered the delay, irrespective of who paid for the ticket, will receive compensation for the disturbance.
- Your claims are valid up to 6 years retrospectively.
- Only extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
Find below an outline of Stobart air flight delay compensation you are entitled to, based on the distance of your intended flight:
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km – Passengers are due €250 compensation from Stobart air .
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km – Passengers are due €400 Stobart air compensation.
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km – Passengers are due €600 Stobart air compensation
Delay, cancellation, overbooking or missed connection flight? You are entitled to:
|Short distance up to 1500 km||Medium distance up to 3500 km||Long distance from 3500 km|
|e.g. London – Edinburgh||e.g. London – Athens||e.g. London – Tokyo|
How to claim compensation from Stobart Air
To claim your Stobart air flight delay compensation, the first step is to determine that you are eligible for the compensation. Because not all flight delays are liable, you can use our free online compensation calculator to determine if your flight is one of them.
The process is simple and easy, it only takes a few minutes. If the verdict is that you are eligible for a Stobart Air compensation, Flightright will help you assert your right to fair compensation for the inconvenience that you have suffered. We have helped over 11 million passengers and counting… Join our growing list of satisfied customers today!
Stobart Air additional services at the airport
For extended Stobart Air flight delay or Stobart air flight cancellation, you are automatically entitled to certain benefits. Although these rights and benefits may vary depending on the distance of your flight, it is important to note what these benefits are. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance: from 2 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance: from 3 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul: from 4 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
In the case of a delay of more than 5 hours, regardless of the distance, you can withdraw from your flight at no cost to you. Stobart Air is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.Departure delayed until the next day
When delayed till the next day, you’re eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Always ask that confirmation of your hotel room and transfers be provided in writing.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation. Enter your flight now here:
- up to €600 compensation per person
- over 11,000,000 happy customers
- 99% success rate in court
Useful advice & information about Stobart Air
Stobart Air operates wet leases for Flybe and AER Lingus and the airline currently operates a fleet of 19 aircraft on 42 different routes. Stobart Air has two bases for each of its big clients. Aer Lingus Regional operates out of Cork and Dublin, while its Flybe contract operates out of London Southend Airport and the Isle of Man. In total Stobart Air operates 860 flights per week, spanning 10 different countries.
Stobart Air has maintained a strict reputation as one of the most punctual regional airlines flying across the United Kingdom and to international destinations across Europe.
Great Compensation Response
Stobart air is one of the better airlines to deal with when working a compensation claim. They have great customer service and they reply to requests for claims on time and once the claim has been accepted, they pay out promptly.
Had flight problems with Stobart Air?
Flightright takes care of your rights in the event of flight delays, cancellations and overbooking and is committed to ensuring that you receive your compensation from the airline.
We will be happy to help you in case of flight problems with the airline for:
We have already been able to help with problems at the following airports, among others
We have already taken successful action against these and more airlines
Your flight did not go as planned?
In the event of flight delays, cancellations and overbooking, passengers may be entitled to compensation or ticket reimbursement. Flightright enforces your rights.