Bristol Airport flight delays and cancellations
Bristol Airport is one of the UK’s top ten busiest airports based on numbers of flights and passenger footfall. This airport connects directly to 119 other airports worldwide, as well as offering many other connecting flight options. In terms of punctuality - both for delays and cancellations - Bristol performed close to the average for UK airports in 2016. As such they still suffered their fair share of disruptions.
If you’ve been subject to disruption when flying out of Bristol Airport, we’ll help level the playing field between you and the responsible airline. Our straightforward online calculator will allow you to check for free if you’re eligible for compensation and submit a claim online.
Your rights when delayed at Bristol Airport
- Up to €600 compensation based on EU regulation
- Flights as old as 6 years
- Independent of the ticket price
- When the flight was cancelled, delayed at least 3 hours or overbooked
Tips and Tricks when delayed at Bristol Airport
- Get confirmation of the cause of delay from the airline
- Collect proof: pictures, details of expenditure, vouchers etc
- Make sure you claim your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Exchange contact details with fellow delayed passengers
See here some further information regarding your passenger rights and the eu-regulation.
In which cases do flight delays qualify for compensation?
The amount of compensation is determined by the flight distance - the amount you paid for your ticket is irrelevant. Essentially, your flight has to arrive at its destination with a delay of a minimum of 3 hours and apply under the current EU Legislation. Claims remain valid as far back as 6 years retrospectively. Below is an overview of which compensation you’ll be entitled to:
Bristol Airport: Additional services
If your flight departure is badly affected by delay, you’ll be entitled to some basic services and benefits. The availability of these is dictated by the length of the delay as well as the length of the flight. Below is a breakdown of what you’ll be eligible for:
- Short distance, below 1500 km: from 2 hours delayed - complimentary food and drinks, plus 2 emails, phone calls or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: from 3 hours delayed - complimentary food and drinks, plus 2 emails, phone calls or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: from 4 hours delayed - complimentary food and drinks, plus 2 emails, phone calls or faxes
You have the right to cancel your flight if the delay runs over 5 hours. The airline then has a responsibility to reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.If the departure is delayed until the next day
In cases where the flight has been postponed until the following day the airline must organise, and cover the cost of, a stay in a hotel and the transport to and from the hotel and airport. Get in contact with the airline directly and ask them to confirm this in writing.
The Flightright Promise
Thanks to our expertise, we have a very high success rate when enforcing compensation. That’s why we are able to promise a completely free of charge service in unsuccessful cases.