Flybe flight delays and cancellations
Flybe is Europe's largest regional airline, and it operates the most domestic flights within the UK. This low-cost airline hits 62 destinations across the continent and in 2018 was one of the least delayed airlines, perhaps due to the fact that it flies to predominantly smaller airports. This airline is nevertheless subject to a large amount of cancellations. It also suffers from some long delays, like all airlines.
A Flybe compensation is appilcable for flight delays for more than 3 hours according to EU 261 rule. Passengers can claim compensation up to €600 for delayed flight caused by the airline.
We help you to enforce your rights by putting you and Flybe on a level playing field. With our straightforward online calculator you can check if you’re eligible for compensation for free, and directly submit your claim online.
Your rights when delayed with Flybe
- Up to €600 compensation according to EU law
- Regardless of the ticket price
- When the flight was delayed at least 3 hours, cancelled or overbooked
- Claim on flights up to 6 years old
What should I do when Flybe flight is delayed?
- Contact the airline to establish what caused the delay
- Insist on your basic services and benefits at the airport
- Collect proof: photos, vouchers, receipts of expenses etc
- Exchange contact details with other affected passengers
Recent flight delays and cancellations with Flybe
It will surprise you to know how many Flybe flights delay and cancellation are eligible for compensation. We have put together a simple table to share this information with you.
A more detailed breakdown of your passenger rights and the EU regulation
In which case is your Flybe flight delay eligible for compensation?
The total compensation that you’ll be due hinges on the distance of the flight - not on the amount you paid for your ticket. If your flight arrives at its destination with a delay of at least 3 hours, and falls under the current EU Regulation, you will be eligible to claim. Your compensation is retrospectively valid up to 6 years.
Regardless of the prevailing circumstances surrounding the Flybe flight cancellation, it will be wise to check if you are entitled to a Flybe compensation. It is free to do so, just follow this link online calculator Note:to be eligible for a delay compensation, your Flybe flight must either take off or land in the European Union.
A Flybe passenger is entitled to compensation in the event of any of the following:
- Flight delay: If your Flybe flight arrives at your destination for more than 3 hours after ETA.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you had suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
- Meal vouchers or accommodation (in the case of an overnight delay) does not suffix for compensation.
- All flight packages are covered by this regulation and only the person on the passenger manifest and who have suffered the delay, irrespective of who paid for the ticket, will receive compensation for the disturbance.
- Your claims are valid up to 6 years retrospectively.
- Only extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
Find below an overview of Flybe delay compensation you are entitled to, based on the circumstances of your delay:
- Short distance flight delays - Below 1500km - Passengers are due €250 compensation from Flybe
- Medium distance flight delays - Between 1500km and 3500km - Passengers are due €400 compensation from Flybe
- Long distance flight delays - Over 3500km - Passengers are due €600 compensation from Flybe
How to claim compensation from Flybe
Your claim to a Flybe compensation can be done in quick, easy steps. Before going into the details, the first step is to determine if you are even eligible for a compensation. While some flights can be delayed or cancelled, not all are eligible for a compensation. Using our free online compensation calculator to confirm that you are actually eligible for a Flybe delay compensation is quick and simple.
Flybe: Additional services at the airport
If you suffer a lengthy delay, you have the right to basic benefits and services. The distance of the flight and the amount of time delayed will dictate your eligibility. Here, you’ll find an overview what you’re entitled to:
- Short distance, below 1500 km: 2 or more hours waiting time - free drinks, food and 2 emails, phone calls, or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: 3 or more hours waiting time - free drinks, food and 2 emails, phone calls or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: 4 or more hours waiting time - free drinks, food and 2 emails, phone calls, or faxes
If you’re unlucky enough to have a flight delayed for over 5 hours, you have the right to cancel it. The airline is obliged to either organise alternative transportation or reimburse you the cost of the ticket.Departure not until the next day
In this instance you are eligible for a stay in a hotel and transport to and from the hotel and airport. Get in touch with the airline directly and ask them to commit to this in writing.
Our Flightright promise
Thanks to our expertise, we enforce compensation with a very high success rate. This is what enables us to promise a completely free service if your case should prove unsuccessful!