Loganair flight delays and cancellations
Loganair, since her independence from Flybe, franchise in 2017, has served people by overseeing flights between 28 inbound and outbound destinations from the UK, The Republic of Ireland, and Norway. This airline has had more flights cancelled than it has had delayed, about four times more.
Are you subjected to delays or cancellations with Loganair? As an authority in this field, we can help you get your compensation. We stand for you and get the troubles done for you, so that you can enjoy compensation. You can quickly check our online calculator for your eligibility and to submit your claim with us, for free.
Your rights when delayed with Loganair
- Under EU law up to €600 compensation
- Regardless of the cost of the ticket
- Flights as far back as 6 years
- If the flight was delayed at least 3 hours, overbooked or cancelled
Tips and Tricks when delayed with Loganair
- Contact the airline to confirm the reason for the delay
- Collect proof: receipts, photos, vouchers etc
- Insist on your basic rights and benefits at the airport
- Exchange contact details with other travellers
For more in depth information regarding your passenger rights and the EU regulation
Under what conditions is your flight delay with Loganair eligible for compensation?
Based on the 2004 EU261 ruling, the amount of compensation is dependent on the distance of the flight – not on the amount you paid for your ticket. Fundamentally, your flight or replacement transportation has to arrive at its destination with a delay of at least 3 hours.
Additionally, the flight must either take off or land in the European Union. In the latter case, the airline must also have its headquarters in the EU. Your claims are valid up to 6 years, retrospectively. It does not matter whether you took the flight as a business traveler or as part of a package holiday; the person who suffered the inconvenience of the flight disturbance is the one who is eligible to receive the compensation. Don’t take any excuses! Vouchers for food or hotels do not negate the airline’s responsibility to pay your compensation. The airline must be responsible for the flight’s disturbance. Extraordinary circumstances like a strike or bad weather relieve the airline of its responsibility.
When are you entitled to a Loganair delayed flight compensation?
- When there is a flight delay: your flight must have arrived at the destination with more than 3 hours delay than scheduled.
- When there is a flight cancellation: if you were informed of a cancellation less than 14 days before departure.
- When you are overbooked: If the airline overbooks, your flight and you cannot find any more space on board. This is equivalent to a denied boarding.
- When you miss a connecting flight: if the final destination is reached more than 3 hours later due to a missed connecting flight.
Here is an overview of which compensation you’ll be entitled to, based on the circumstances of your delay:
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km – Passengers are due €250 compensation from Loganair.
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km – Passengers are due €400 Loganair compensation.
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km – Passengers are due €600 Loganair compensation
How to claim Loganair flight delay and cancellation compensation
First off, you have to check, understand, and confirm that you have fulfilled all requirements due to make you eligible to claim your compensation from Loganair, according to the European Union Regulation. As happy as one can be to claim the compensation benefits, it is often not a simple process, as it requires getting access to flight databases, comparison of similar scenarios, and validating your claims under the European Regulation No. 261/2004 etc. The truth is, for an individual without a legal orientation in this regard or access to the required technologies, this can be a very intimidating venture.
Having an understanding of how this works, Flightright offers you an easier alternative, which is to let us get into the logistics for you why you enjoy your rightful benefits. All you need to do is to enter your flight details into our free, online compensation calculator, to validate that you’re deserve the claims against the airline. The process of validation takes a short minute. Once on track, you get an assessment and we work the process of helping you get compensated. With more than 7.8 million customers, we boast of quality service and guaranty a successful recovery. By choosing us, you are opting for the support of a partner that has been successfully asserting air passenger rights for over 8 years.
Loganair Additional services at the airport
If your departure is heavily delayed, you are given the basic benefits. The eligibility rights vary according to the distance of your flight and the duration of the delay encountered. The benefits are listed below.
- Short distance: from 2 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance: from 3 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul: from 4 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
In this instance, you can, regardless of the distance, withdraw from your flight. The airline is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.Departure delayed until the next day
You’re eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Contact the airline directly and ask for confirmation of your hotel room and transfers to be provided in writing.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation. Enter your flight here:
- up to €600 compensation per person
- over 7,800,000 happy customers
- 99% success rate in court
Information about Loganair
Loganair is located in the heart of Scotland and manages flights between 28 destinations within the European Union. The airline operated under the Flybe Franchise for about 7 years and became independent in September 2017 as an entity on its own.
Punctuality and impression
Being the 5th ranked most used flight in Europe, Loganair, in 2018, has 854 canceled flights and 243 delayed flights. The cancelled flight took a toll of about 2.22% of the entire flights it processed in 2018. The totality of canceled and delayed flights took about 2.85% of the all-time flights in 2018
Resistance to compensation payouts
Logan airline is not likely to hold you against your delayed or canceled compensations once you are eligible. However, the process of claiming your outstanding rights can be very easy if you trust us to get it done for you.
Information about online check-in Stay loyal with Flightright
As of August 2017, Loganair does not operate an online check-in. The check-in is done in person and this is possible 90 minutes prior to departure and as late as 30 from departure. As Loganair is soon to break from Flybe (sometime in September 2017), it will be worth visiting their website to see if their check-in policy has changed.
Aer Lingus American Airlines British Airways CityJet Eastern Airways easyJet Eurowings flybe Jet2 Loganair Lufthansa Monarch Airlines Ryanair SAS Stobart Thomas Cook Airlines Thomson Airways Virgin Atlantic Wizzair
Connect with us through Social Media
Stay loyal with Flightright