Eurowings flight delays and cancellations
Eurowings is a German low-cost carrier and a member of the Lufthansa Group. It is headquartered in Dusseldorf and serves a network of European, international and domestic destinations. Eurowings was previously a regional airline until October 2014 when it began operating flights on behalf of Germanwings. Although the airline has had an outstanding reputation for punctuality, delays and cancellations still occur.
When you need to file a Eurowings compensation claim, Flightright is right on hand to help you see it through. From verifying your eligibility (do it here compensation calculator) for a claim to asserting your rights to compensation, we will go for you every step of the way.
What are my rights when Eurowings flight is delayed?
- According to EU261/2004 regulation Passengers on Eurowings flight are entitled to a compensation of €250 to €600, regardless of the ticket price
- Meals and light refreshments
- Free transport, accommodation (in the case of an overnight stay), access to phone and email.>
What should I do when Eurowings flight is delayed?
- Confirm the reason for the delay with the airline
- Collect proof: photos, receipts of expenses, vouchers, etc
- Insist on your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Check your eligibility to compensation with our free online calculator
Recent flight delays and cancellations with Eurowings
Cases of flight disruptions are rare on Eurowings flights. The airline has built a reputation for punctuality in the industry. Eurowings has proven itself punctual and faithful against other airlines in its category.
Under what conditions is your flight delay with Eurowings eligible for compensation?
The EU regulation EU261/2004 certifies the conditions for the payment of compensation to passengers who have suffered a flight delay or cancellation. According to the regulation, Eurowings flight delay extending beyond 3 hours after ETA is deemed late and cancellation without prior notice of 14 days and above is also in contravention of the passenger’s rights.
Eurowings flight delays and cancellations all constitute conditions that might become eligible for a Eurowings flight delay compensation. However, extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
Eurowings passengers are entitled to a Eurowings compensation in the event of any of the following:
- Flight delay: If your flight arrived at your destination for more than 3 hours after ETA.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you had suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Find below an outline of Eurowings flight delay compensation you are entitled to, based on the distance of your intended flight:
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km passengers are due €250 Eurowings compensation
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km passengers are due €400 Eurowings compensation
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km passengers are due €600 Eurowings compensation
How to claim compensation from Eurowings
If you suspect that you are being owed a Eurowings flight delay compensation, input your flight details into our free online compensation calculator to determine your eligibility for a Eurowings compensation. Flightright can help you assert your rights better and faster. We have done this successfully for over 5.2 million passengers and have recorded outstanding success in the course of our work.
Join our over 5.2 million passengers that have benefitted from this service. The process is quick and easy and would be at no cost to you. Flightright remains your best partner when you need to claim compensation as we have been helping clients assert their rights for over 8 years.
Eurowings Additional services at the airport
For extended Eurowings flight delay or flight cancellation, you are automatically entitled to certain benefits. Although these rights and benefits may vary depending on the distance of your flight, it is important to note what these benefits are. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance: from 2 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance: from 3 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul: from 4 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
In the case of a delay of more than 5 hours, regardless of the distance, you can withdraw from your flight at no cost to you. Eurowings is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.Departure delayed until the next day
When delayed till the next day, you’re eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Always ask that confirmation of your hotel room and transfers be provided in writing.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation. Enter your flight here:
- up to €600 compensation per person
- over 5,200,000 happy customers
- 99% success rate in court
Useful advice & information about Eurowings
Eurowings is owned by the Lufthansa Group and remains one of the top low-cost airlines in Europe with flights to over 130 destinations. From its main hub in Cologne (Köln)/Bonn, it serves flights throughout Europe and long-haul service to the Caribbean, Mauritius, North America, and Southeast Asia.
Eurowings has a modern fleet of Airbus and Bombardier aircraft. A319, A320, and CRJ-900 aircraft are used on intra-European flights. A330 aircraft are used on long-haul flights. All aircraft feature three distinct economy fare class sections – Basic, Smart, and Best. Basic offers standard flight-only services with the option to add on other services for fees.
Eurowings continually ranks as one of the most punctual airlines in Europe. The airline recorded 69 cancellations and 17 delays in 2018.
Aer Lingus American Airlines British Airways CityJet Eastern Airways easyJet Eurowings flybe Jet2 Loganair Lufthansa Monarch Airlines Ryanair SAS Stobart Thomas Cook Airlines Thomson Airways Virgin Atlantic Wizzair
Connect with us through Social Media
Stay loyal with Flightright