Wizz Air flight delays and cancellations
A darling of the Hungarian skies, Wizz Air operates in 42 countries, reaching 144 airports across the world. This Hungarian airline offers a budget flying experience to passengers across Europe. Like most budget airlines, delays and cancellations are inevitable. When these occur, Flightright can help you assert your rights to fair compensation of up to €600.
If you are an air passenger travelled with Wizz Air and your flight has been delayed or you have booked Wizz flight ticket and your flight has been cancelled (without any prior notice) or for reasons which could be under control of respective authority then according to EC Regulation 261/2004. Use our free online calculator to check your eligibility for a Wizz Air compensation.
Your rights when delayed with Wizz Air
- According to EU law up to €600 compensation
- Not based on ticket price
- When the flight was delayed over 3 hours, overbooked or cancelled outright
- Flights dating back 6 years
Tips and Tricks when delayed with Wizz Air
- Get the reasons for delay from the airline
- Collect proof: pictures, vouchers, receipts of expenses etc
- Ask for your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Talk to your fellow passengers and exchange contact details
Recent flight delays and cancellations with Wizz Air
Wizz Air is not known to have many delays and cancellations, and that even more makes it important to double check your eligibility when it occurs. We have compiled a list of flight delays and cancellation across airlines. Click to see where Wizz Air falls under.
A more thorough explanation of your passenger rights and the EU legislation
Under what conditions is your flight delay with Wizz Air eligible for compensation?
Wizz Air passengers are entitled to an compensation in the event of any of the following:
- Flight delay: If your Wizz Air flight arrived at your destination more than 3 hours after ETA.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Below is an outline of the Wizz Air delayed flight compensation you are entitled to, based on the distance of your intended flight:
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km – Passengers are due €250 compensation from Wizz Air.
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km – Passengers are due €400 Wizz Air compensation.
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km – Passengers are due €600 Wizz Air compensation
The total compensation paid out is determined by the distance of your flight – not on the price of your ticket. Fundamentally if the delay goes over 3 hours, and falls under the current EU regulation, you’ll be able to make a claim. Claims are valid up to 6 years retrospectively. Please see some information about potential claims:
How to claim compensation from Wizz Air
Flightright offers passengers a quick and easy way to claim a Wizz air flight delay compensation. The first step to getting compensated is to determine if you are entitled to a claim. Use our free online compensation calculator to confirm that you deserve a compensation and we will do the rest.
Once we are able to determine your eligibility to a Wizz Air delay compensation, Flightright would take your case and ensure that you get the compensation that is due to you. We have been helping clients assert their rights for over 8 years and have a 5.2 million strong happy customer base.
Wizz Air: Additional services at the airport
For extended Wizz Air flight delay or cancellation, you automatically entitled to certain benefits. Although these rights and benefits may vary depending on the distance of your flight, it is important to note what these benefits are. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance, below 1500 km: from 2 hours delay – free drinks, food and 2 emails, telephone calls or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: from 3 hours delay – free drinks, food and 2 emails, telephone calls or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: from 4 hours delay – free drinks, food and 2 emails, telephone calls or faxes
When the delay goes over five hours, you have the right to cancel your flight. The airline is obliged to either reimburse you for the costs or find you an alternative transportation method.Flight postponed until the following day
When the delay carries on into the following day the airline must find you hotel accommodation and cover the costs of getting there and back to the airport. Contact the airline directly and ask them to confirm this in writing.
Thanks to our expertise, we enforce compensation with a very high rate of success. That’s why we are comfortable promising a completely free service if your case should be unsuccessful!
- up to €600 compensation per person
- over 5,200,000 happy customers
- 99% success rate in court
Useful advice & information about Wizz Air
Wizz opens online check-in, 30 days before departure and even up to 48 hours before departure. Online check-in with Wizz Air is free, saving the downside of a delay at the airport or an outright fee for airport check-in. Wizz Air also has an app to keep you up-to-date on all news and related stories concerning your flight.
Not the most prompt airline
Wizz Air used to be highly uncooperative when issuing passenger compensation, and as a result, Flightright often ended up in court to uphold valid cases. It must be said that this airline has become far more cooperative and now issue compensation at a much faster rate.
Wizz Air online check-in Stay loyal with Flightright
If you’ve bought seats with Wizz Air then check can be done 30 days before departure. If not you can do it 48 hours before the flight. Not only is it time effective to check-in online but Wizz Air will also charge you for doing it at the airport. They have a dedicated app which will allow you to check in and keep track of any news about your flight.
Aer Lingus American Airlines British Airways CityJet Eastern Airways easyJet Eurowings flybe Jet2 Loganair Lufthansa Monarch Airlines Ryanair SAS Stobart Thomas Cook Airlines Thomson Airways Virgin Atlantic Wizzair
Connect with us through Social Media
Stay loyal with Flightright