EasyJet flight delays and cancellations
Being one of Europe’s most unpunctual airlines means EasyJet must be getting on the nerves of a lot of customers. If you are one of these customers, be rest assured that Flightright will guarantee that your right to a fair EasyJet flight delay compensation is enforced.
We help you to enforce your rights and level the playing field between you and easyJet. Use our simple, fast and free online calculator to check your eligibility for compensation if you have been affected by flight disruptions with this airline.
What are my rights when EasyJet flight is delayed?
- According to EU law up to €600 compensation
- Regardless of the ticket price
- Flights up to 6 years old
- When the flight was delayed at least 3 hours, cancelled or overbooked
What should I do when EasyJet flight is delayed?
- Confirm the reason for the delay with the airline.
- Collect proof: photos, receipts of expenses, vouchers, etc.
- Insist on your basic benefits and services at the airport.
- Check your eligibility for compensation with our free online calculator
Recent flight delays and cancellations with EasyJet
Although EasyJet currently oversees more outbound flights from the UK than any other airline in Europe reaching 133 destination airports across the continent, it sticks out at the top for flight cancellations and delays.
Under what conditions is your flight delay with EasyJet eligible for compensation?
The EU regulation EU261/2004, is specific about what constitutes a flight delay. The regulation affirms that flight arriving later than 3 hours after ETA is deemed late and passengers are entitled to compensation depending on the circumstance surrounding the delay. For flight cancellations, Cancellations without prior notice of 14 days and above is also in contravention of the passenger’s rights.
EasyJet passengers who have suffered a flight delay or an EasyJet flight cancellation can seek redress and demand compensation if these conditions have been met. However, extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
EasyJet passengers are entitled to compensation in the event of any of the following;
- Flight delay: If your EasyJet flight arrived at your destination more than 3 hours after ETA.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you had suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Don’t take any excuses!
- Meal vouchers or accommodation (in the case of an overnight delay) does not suffice for compensation.
- All flight packages are covered by this regulation and only the person on the passenger manifest and who have suffered the delay, irrespective of who paid for the ticket, will receive compensation for the disturbance.
- Your claims are valid up to 6 years retrospectively.
- Only extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
Find below an outline of EasyJet delay compensation you are entitled to, based on the distance of your intended flight:
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km – Passengers are due €250 EasyJet flight delay compensation.
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km – Passengers are due €400 EasyJet compensation
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km – Passengers are due €600 EasyJet compensation
How to claim compensation from EasyJet
There are many ways to go about claiming your EasyJet flight delay compensation but the best route is usually going with Flightright. Our outstanding record of past successes speaks volume of our ability to get you the EasyJet compensation you deserve and quickly too.
To get an EasyJet compensation for a flight delay or cancellation, we will have to first determine your eligibility for the compensation. Use our free online compensation calculator to confirm that you deserve an EasyJet compensation and we will do the rest. On confirmation, Flightright would take your case and ensure that you get the compensation that is due to you. We have been helping clients assert their rights for over 8 years and at last count, we have helped over 5.2 million airline passengers successfully assert their rights flight delay compensations.
EasyJet Additional services at the airport
For extended EasyJet flight delay or EasyJet flight cancellation, you are automatically entitled to certain benefits. Although these rights and benefits may vary depending on the distance of your flight, it is important to note what these benefits are. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance: from 2 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance: from 3 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul: from 4 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
In the case of a delay of more than 5 hours, regardless of the distance, you can withdraw from your flight at no cost to you. EasyJet is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.Departure delayed until the next day
When delayed till the next day, you’re eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Always ask that confirmation of your hotel room and transfers be provided in writing.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation. Enter your flight details right now:
- up to €600 compensation per person
- over 5,200,000 happy customers
- 99% success rate in court
Useful advice & information about EasyJet
EasyJet currently oversees more outbound flights from the UK than any other airline in Europe. It operates between 133 destination airports across the continent.
EasyJet is gradually building a reputation for being unpunctual. They currently sit at the top of flight delay and cancellations rankings with 1,857 cancelled flights and 1105 delayed flight in the last year. As it stands, EasyJet doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon.
Poor Compensation Response
With their lack of punctuality, you would assume they would do well with customer service, but that is not the case. EasyJet in our experience remains one of the most difficult airlines to deal with in regards to getting clients compensated. EasyJet has a piled up list of unsettled claims, the more reasons you should choose us to help you get you EasyJet compensation.
We are able to get you compensated much faster because we know how to.
Information about online check-in
When flying with easyJet you can check-in online up to 30 days before your flight departs and as late as two hours before the departure. Checking-in in advance online is highly recommended to avoid unnecessary delays to your journey. This can be also be done via their app, a useful tool to have as it will also keep you updated on the status of your flight, such as your boarding time, gate number and any possible disruptions.
Aer Lingus American Airlines British Airways CityJet Eastern Airways easyJet Eurowings flybe Jet2 Loganair Lufthansa Monarch Airlines Ryanair SAS Stobart Thomas Cook Airlines Thomson Airways Virgin Atlantic Wizzair
Connect with us through Social Media
Stay loyal with Flightright