EasyJet flight delays and cancellations
EasyJet currently oversees more outbound flights from the UK than any other airline in Europe. It operates between 133 destination airports across the continent. However, it is far from being the most punctual airline, and as a result delays and cancellations occur.
We help you to enforce your rights and level the playing field between you and easyJet. Use our simple, fast and free online calculator to check your eligibility for compensation if you have been affected by flight disruptions with this airline.
Your rights when delayed with EasyJet
- According to EU law up to €600 compensation
- Regardless of the ticket price
- Flights up to 6 years old
- When the flight was delayed at least 3 hours, cancelled or overbooked
Tips and Tricks when delayed with EasyJet
- Confirm the reason for the delay with the airline
- Collect proof: photos, receipts of expenses, vouchers etc
- Insist on your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Exchange contact information with other passengers
More detailed information regarding your passenger rights and the eu-regulation.
Under what conditions is your flight delay eligible for compensation?
The amount of compensation is dependant on the distance of the flight - not on the amount you paid for your ticket. Fundamentally your flight has to arrive at its destination with a delay of at least 3 hours and be applicable under current eu-regulation. Your claims are valid up to 6 years retrospectively. Here is an overview of which compensation you’ll be entitled to, based on the circumstances of your delay:
EasyJet - Additional services at the airport
If your departure is heavily delayed, you immediately have the right to basic benefits and services. These rights vary depending on the distance of your flight. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance, below 1500 km: from 2 hours waiting time - free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: from 3 hours waiting time - free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: from 4 hours waiting time - free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
In this instance you can, regardless of the distance, withdraw from your flight. The airline is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.Departure delayed until the next day
In this case, you're eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Contact the airline directly and ask for confirmation of your hotel room and transfers to be provided in writing.
Thanks to our expertise, we enforce compensation with a very high success rate. That’s why we are able to promise a completely free service if your case is unsuccessful!
Doing it yourself
annoying and unpromising
cost risk: €0
very time-consuming (paper-warfare with the airline)
small chances of success
often no experience (complex field of law)
high stress factor (paperwork, phone calls)
simple and straightfoward
cost risk: €0
takes little time (2 minutes)
high chances of success
experienced travel legal experts (enforced more than € 150,000,000)
absolutely stress-free (We enforce the compensation for you.)
expensive and complex/effortful
cost risk: several hundred euros
very time-consuming (several hours)
chances of success unclear
experience unknown (depends on specialty)
high stress factor (meetings, paperwork, phone calls)