London City Airport Delay Compensation - Flightright UK

Trustpilot 4.1/5 based on 2,132 reviews

London City Airport - Ticket refund and compensation in case of flight delays and cancellations

Check your claim for compensation online now in just 2 minutes

London City Airport
Air passenger rights expert

Approved by Oskar de Felice

Air passenger rights expert

99% success rate in court
Since 2010 on the market
No financial risk

London City Airport flight delays and cancellations

According to Flightright Data, in 2023, London City Airport had a total of 24,994 scheduled flights. Out of these, 968 flights were cancelled, representing 3.87% of all scheduled flights. Additionally, 36 flights were delayed, making up 0.14% of the total. There were 1,004 incidents, which constituted 4.02% of all departing flights.

No matter which airline you were subjected to disruption with when flying from London City Airport, we’ll strive to uphold your right to compensation. By using our free online calculator you can check in a straightforward manner if you’re eligible for compensation.

Check your claim in 2 minutes

Your rights when delayed at London City Airport

  • According to EU legislation up to €600 compensation
  • When the flight was postponed at least 3 hours, cancelled or overbooked
  • Claims are not determined by ticket price
  • Flights dating back as far as 6 years

Tips and Tricks when delayed at London City Airport

  • Gather evidence: screenshots/photos, vouchers, proof of expenditure etc
  • Establish the reason for the delay with the airline
  • Claim your basic services and benefits at the airport
  • Speak with fellow passengers and exchange contact details with them at the airport

More detailed information as to your passenger rights and the EU law.

Under which circumstances do flight delays qualify for compensation?

The total amount of compensation rests on the distance of your flight – not the amount you spent on your ticket. Fundamentally, if your delayed flight landed 3 or more hours after the scheduled time and the circumstances are in line with the the current EU Regulation, you will have a claim. Your claims remain valid as far back as 6 years retrospectively. Here is some insight into when you’ll qualify for compensation, and how much you could claim:

Delay, cancellation, overbooking or missed connection flight? You are entitled to:

Short distance up to 1500 kmMedium distance up to 3500 kmLong distance from 3500 km
e.g. London – Edinburghe.g. London – Athense.g. London – Tokyo
250€400€600€

Statistical Overview of Airlines at London City Airport in 2023

London City Airport experienced varied operational performances among its airlines. The most active carrier was BA CityFlyer, operating a total of 16,086 flights with 499 cancellations and 18 delays, reflecting a robust operation with minor disruptions. Following close behind, KLM Cityhopper managed 2,334 flights, with 180 cancellations and 6 delays, indicating a moderate level of service interruptions. Luxair had 1,885 flights with 46 cancellations and 1 delay, maintaining a relatively smooth operation. Swiss International Air Lines AG operated 996 flights with 51 cancellations and 3 delays, showing a slightly higher rate of cancellations. Overall, the operational data from London City Airport in 2023 showcases a busy hub with a range of performance levels among its top airlines.

Top 5 Airlines at London City Airport

Below is a summary table of the top 5 airlines based on the number of flights, cancellations, and delays at London City Airport:

Airline NameTotal FlightsCancellationsDelays
BA CityFlyer16,08649918
KLM Cityhopper2,3341806
Luxair1,885461
Swiss International Air Lines AG996513
Lufthansa CityLine914581

Extra services at London City Airport

If your flight departure is delayed heavily, you incur the rights to basic benefits and services. The availability of these amenities depends on the length of the delay and the distance of your flight. Please see an overview of what you’ll be eligible for, and when you’ll be eligible for it:

  • Short distance, below 1500 km: 2 or more hours of delay – free food and drinks, as well as 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
  • Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: 3 or more hours of delay – free food and drinks, as well as 2 phone calls, emails or faxes
  • Long-haul, from 3500 km: 4 or more hours of delay – free food and drinks, as well as 2 phone calls, emails or faxes

More than 5 hours of delay

When the delay reaches 5 hours or more, you’re within your rights to cancel your flight. The airline is obligated to either reimburse you the costs or offer you an alternative means of transportation.

Takeoff postponed until the following day

Delays that continue into the following day entitle you to a stay in a hotel and transfer to and from the hotel and airport, at the offending airline’s expense. Contact the airline directly and ask them to confirm this in writing.

Check your claim in 2 minutes

Our Promise

Our expertise enables us to enforce compensation at a highly successful rate. This is what gives us the necessary confidence to promise a completely free service should your case be unsuccessful!

  • up to €600 compensation per person
  • over 11,000,000 happy customers
  • 99% success rate in court

Useful advice & information about London City Airport

Punctuality could do with some improvement

Based on Flightright data, in 2023 London City Airport recorded a total of 24,994 scheduled flights. Of these, 968 flights were cancelled, representing 3.87% of all planned flights. Added to this, 36 flights were delayed, representing 0.14% of the total. There were 1,004 incidents, or 4.02% of all departing flights.

Making use of the wifi at London City Airport

Wifi is complimentary at London City Airport 24/7, which makes sense as many of its passengers are on business trips. You can pre-register for this service and then login with your username and password.

More information about London City Airport can be found here.

Recently cancelled or delayed flights at London City airport

Here you’ll find delays and cancellations at London City airport that could entitle you to financial compensation. Use our online calculator to check your entitlement to compensation and let Flightright do the rest of the work.

Search

Strikes at London City airport

Should your flight be subjected to disruption because of strikes, you will be entitled to some additional services at the airport, and you might find that the airline organizes alternative transportation for you. Compensatory claims for flight delays and cancellations are not valid in the case of strikes, as strikes are deemed to be an ‘exceptional circumstance’.

What rights do I have as a passenger if my flight is canceled due to a strike at London (City Airport) Airport?

If your flight is planned to depart from London (City Airport) and there is a strike at the airport, first check if your flight is affected by the cancellations due to the strike. According to the EU Passenger Rights Regulation, you are entitled to alternative transportation or a refund of the ticket price. In addition, you may be entitled to compensation if there are no extraordinary circumstances, and it is an internal airline strike. Contact your airline for further information regarding substitute transportation, rebooking, or ticket refund as well as on-site services such as meals and, if necessary, accommodation and transportation to the hotel.

Can I get compensation if my flight is delayed or canceled at London (City Airport) due to a strike?

A flight cancellation or significant delay of more than three hours due to a strike is often considered an extraordinary circumstance, provided the strike is not within the control of the airline or its personnel. There is no entitlement to compensation in case of extraordinary circumstances. However, passengers should be aware of their rights to basic care and catering services at London (City Airport) Airport. This includes meals, refreshments, and, if necessary, accommodation, depending on the duration of the delay and the flight distance. Also, important to know: If your flight is canceled because the airline staff is on strike, you are entitled to a refund of your ticket price, alternative transportation, on-site catering, and additional compensation.

Scroll to Top