Aer Lingus flight delays and cancellations
Aer Lingus is Ireland’s second largest airline by the size of fleet and the nation’s national carrier. Unlike most of its counterpart, Aer Lingus have fared quite well on the delay and cancellation table. However, delays and cancellations are inevitable. When they occur, you can be sure of Flightright’s commitment to ensuring that you get the compensation for your inconvenience.
WYou just might be entitled to up to €600 in compensation from Aer Lingus if you have ever been delayed by the airline or your flight cancelled. Use the free online calculator to check your eligibility for an Aer Lingus compensation.
Your rights when delayed with Aer Lingus
- Up to €600 compensation based on EU law
- Ticket price not a factor
- Claim on flights as old as 6 years
- When the flight was cancelled, delayed at least 3 hours, or overbooked
Tips and Tricks when delayed with Aer Lingus
- Establish the reason for the delay with the airline
- Collect proof: photos, receipts of expenses, vouchers etc
- Be sure to get your basic benefits and services at the airport
- Swap contact details with other passengers
Recent flight delays and cancellations with Aer Lingus
Need to know more about Aer Lingus cancelled flights? Follow the link below. We have a full resource that shows a comprehensive data of flight delays and cancellation as it concerns Aer Lingus and its associate airlines.
More in depth information regarding your passenger rights and the EU legislation
In which case is your flight delay eligible for compensation?
All Aer Lingus flights that have been cancelled or delayed are potentials for an Aer Lingus delay compensation. Although there are situations which absolve the airline of any responsibilities, those that indicts the airline would see you entitled to a compensation of up to €600.
To access your claim can be very difficult when you go through it by yourself, now that’s where you need Flightright to help assert your right. We are able to do this due to the number of resources at our disposal. To know if your flight delay constitutes one that should be compensated, use our free online compensation calculator.
- Flight delay: If your Aer Lingus flight arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of the cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you had suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Here is an overview of Aer Lingus flight delay compensation you’ll be entitled to, based on the distance of your intended flight.
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km – Passengers are due €250 compensation from Aer Lingus.
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km – Passengers are due €400 compensation from Aer Lingus.
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km – Passengers are due €600 compensation from Aer Lingus
Delay, cancellation, overbooking or missed connection flight? You are entitled to:
|Short distance up to 1500 km||Medium distance up to 3500 km||Long distance from 3500 km|
|e.g. London – Edinburgh||e.g. London – Athens||e.g. London – Tokyo|
How to claim compensation from Aer Lingus
Knowing if you are eligible for compensation is easy when you use our free online compensation calculator. For Aer flight cancellations, knowing if you are eligible for compensation can often be an arduous task. To determine your eligibility, use our free online compensation calculator. We are able to stand in your place, argue your case and get compensation on your behalf for any inconvenience suffered due to an Aer Lingus Flight cancellation.
Choose Flightright when you need to claim compensation for flight delays and cancellation. Our knowledge of the industry and expertise is able to guarantee you fair compensation for your Aer Lingus flight delays and cancellations. We have successfully continued to serve over 5 million customers and have been doing so for the past 8 years. Flightright is the preferred service for air travel passengers seeking compensation for delays and cancellations suffered at the hands of airlines.
Aer Lingus: Additional services at the airport
If your flight departure is badly delayed, you have the right to some benefits and services. The distance of the flight and the length of delay dictate your eligibility. Below you’ll find an overview of what you’re entitled to and under which circumstances:
- Short distance, below 1500 km: from 2 hours waiting time – free food, drinks and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance, between 1500-3500 km: from 3 hours waiting time – free food, drinks and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul, from 3500 km: from 4 hours waiting time – free food, drinks and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
If the delay reaches five hours you have the right to cancel your flight. The airline is obliged to either reimburse you for the costs or offer you a different method of reaching your destination.Flights delayed until the next day
If delayed until the following day, the airline has an obligation to get you a hotel for the night and take care of the transport to and from the airport and the hotel. Get in contact with the airline directly and ask for written commitment.
The Flightright team’s promise
Thanks to our expertise, we enforce compensation with a very high rate of success. That’s why we are able to promise a completely free service in unsuccessful cases!
- up to €600 compensation per person
- over 8,800,000 happy customers
- 99% success rate in court
Useful advice & information about Aer Lingus
Aer Lingus oversaw nearly 15 thousand outbound flights from the UK in 2016 to 91 destination airports. It is the second largest airline in Ireland, after Ryanair, operating with a fleet of 49 Airbus aircraft.
Punctuality – certainly not the worst offenders
In 2016, 32 Aer Lingus flights were delayed over three hours and 91 flights were cancelled outright. Based on the number of flights they operated, these numbers make Aer Lingus one of the better performers that year.
Cooperative and responsive to compensation requests, but they take their time
Aer Lingus are responsive and cooperative with Flightright’s efforts to secure passenger compensation. They are, however, one of the slowest in paying out – although this is something which they are at least improving on.
Information about online check-in
Most of Aer Lingus’ flights allow you to check in between 2 and 30 hours before departure, but it is worth checking as some of their European airports only allow you to check in 4 hours prior to takeoff. It is also advisable to check-in online to avoid delay and Aer Lingus have an app that will make things even easier.
Had flight problems with Air Lingus?
Flightright takes care of your rights in the event of flight delays, cancellations and overbooking and is committed to ensuring that you receive your compensation from the airline.