Thomas Cook flight delays and cancellations
Thomas Cook Airlines is one of the many subsidiary European airlines that make up the Thomas Cook Group. Founded in 2003 and based in Manchester, the airline is listed as one of the most punctual airlines in Europe. However, delays and cancellations do occur.
Flightright has the technology, people and the right tools to help you claim your Thomas Cook compensation for flight delays, and cancellations. To get started, we need to determine your eligibility for a compensation. Use our free online compensation calculator to determine if you are eligible. If you are, we will take up the task of ensuring that you get a fair deal for the inconvenience that you have suffered while using Thomas Cook airlines.
Your rights when delayed with Thomas Cook Airlines
- Based on EU law you can claim up to €600 compensation
- Claim on flights as far back as 6 years
- Ticket price not a factor
- When the flight was delayed 3 or more hours, overbooked or cancelled outright
Tips and Tricks when delayed with Thomas Cook Airlines
- Confirm the reason for the delay with the airline
- Collect relevant documents: screenshots/photos, proof of expenses, vouchers etc
- Make sure you claim the basic benefits and services available at the airport
- Exchange contact details with other disrupted passengers
Recent flight delays and cancellations with Thomas Cook
While we have relatively seen a lot of great days flying with Thomas Cook, delays and cancellations still exist. We have compiled in a table showing how Thomas Cook have fared in terms of delays and cancellations and have made the same available to you.
Under what conditions is your flight delay with Thomas Cook eligible for compensation?
Thomas Cook passengers are entitled to a compensation if the conditions surrounding the delay or cancellation, conform to those which have been specified in the European Union regulation EU 261/2004. The regulation awards compensations of up to €600 to passengers who have experienced Thomas Cook flight delays and cancellation.
According to the EU 261/2004 regulation, all Thomas Cook flight delays extending beyond 3 hours after ETA are deemed late and cancellations without prior notice of 14 days and above are also in contravention of the passenger’s rights. However, extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
Thomas Cook passengers are entitled to a compensation in the event of any of the following;
- Flight delay: If your Thomas Cook flight arrived at your destination more than 3 hours after ETA.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Find below an outline of Thomas Cook delay compensation you are entitled to, based on the distance of your intended flight:
- Short distance flight delays - Below 1500km - Passengers are due €250 compensation from Thomas Cook.
- Medium distance flight delays - Between 1500km and 3500km - Passengers are due €400 Thomas Cook compensation.
- Long distance flight delays - Over 3500km - Passengers are due €600 Thomas Cook compensation
How to claim compensation from Thomas Cook
Claiming your Thomas Cook compensation is quick and easy. The steps you have to follow have been made simple for you by us. Simply check here online compensation calculator to determine your eligibility and if you are eligible for compensation, we will take it upon ourselves to guarantee that you get compensated.
Join our over 5.2 million passengers that have benefitted from this service. The process is quick and easy and would be at no cost to you. Flightright remains your best partner when you need to claim a compensation as we have been helping clients assert their rights for over 8 years.
Thomas Cook Additional services at the airport
For extended Thomas Cook flight delay or Thomas Cook flight cancellation, you are automatically entitled to certain benefits. Although these rights and benefits may vary depending on the distance of your flight, it is important to note what these benefits are. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance: from 2 hours waiting time - free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance: from 3 hours waiting time - free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul: from 4 hours waiting time - free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
In the case of a delay of more than 5 hours, regardless of the distance, you can withdraw from your flight at no cost to you. Thomas Cook is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.Departure delayed until the next day
When delayed till the next day, you’re eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Always ask that confirmation of your hotel room and transfers be provided in writing.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation. Enter your flight here: